BREAKING: Trump Just Fired Rex Tillerson on Twitter
Trump shakes up State Department In Advance of Negotiations with North Korea
Rex Tillerson, the man the Kremlin approved to be America’s top diplomat, is out at the State Department. President Donald Trump announced that Tillerson will no longer serve as Secretary of State and that he is nominating CIA Director Mike Pompeo to fill the position. The announcement, of course, came in a tweet minutes after the Washington Post broke the story:
Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 13, 2018
Trump issued a longer statement to the Post:
“I am proud to nominate the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Mike Pompeo, to be our new Secretary of State. Mike graduated first in his class at West Point, served with distinction in the U.S. Army, and graduated with Honors from Harvard Law School. He went on to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives with a proven record of working across the aisle.
Gina Haspel, the Deputy Director of the CIA, will be nominated to replace Director Pompeo and she will be the CIA’s first-ever female director, a historic milestone. Mike and Gina have worked together for more than a year, and have developed a great mutual respect.
Finally, I want to thank Rex Tillerson for his service. A great deal has been accomplished over the last fourteen months, and I wish him and his family well.”
This is a developing story.
- Trump’s Sec. of State Ripped for ‘Tone Deaf’ World Refugee Day Statement – Twitter Furious
- Rachel Maddow Broke Down in Tears Over This Awful Trump News – And America Wept With Her (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump Capitulates, Expected To Stop Inhumane Child Separation
- Pope Francis Chastises ‘Immoral’ Donald Trump Over Separating Families
- Trump Calls Immigrants Vermin Who “Will Infest Our Country” – Sending a Dark and Dangerous Signal
- Facebook Can’t Seem to Figure Out the Difference Between American News, and Russian Propaganda
Ed Hanratty is a Reverb Press contributor and freelance political journalist. A lifelong New Jerseyan, he prides himself on having just enough Garden State sarcasm and skepticism to keep his bleeding heart in check. Keep up with Ed’s work and random ramblings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the links below…but not Snapchat — that’s where he’s decided to draw the social media line. (For Now)